Broken Blocks Scarf (Free Pattern For Personal Use Only)
THIS PATTERN HAS NOT BEEN TESTED AND IS PROBABLY NOT FOR A BEGINNER
2 Skeins Sheep(ish) Yarn – worsted weight yarn Magenta(ish) is Color A; Teal(ish) is Color B
Thanks to Cay for pointing out that I have not included finished dimensions! My scarf is 40 inches long by 3 inches wide – unblocked.
Gauge is not important.
Chain 135 (multiple of 6 + 5) with Color A
1. DC in 4th ch from hook and across, ch 2, turn, drop Color A and change to Color B
2. sk first DC, *FPDC in each of next 3 DC, BPDC in each of next 3 DC*, repeat from * to * across to turning chain, work 2 DC from behind turning chain, work 2 DC from front of turning chain, FPDC in next DC, *BPDC in each of next 3 DC, FPDC in each of next 3 DC* , repeat from * t o* across to starting chain, 3 DC in front of chain, join with sl st to base of 1st stitch of same row
3. drop color B, using color A, chain 2, FPDC and BPDC across in opposite stitches to the row below (FPDC into BPDC, BPDC into FPDC of previous row) to last stitch, 2 DC from front in turning chain, continue to work across in stitch pattern to last stitch, 2 DC from front between next 2 stitches, 2 FPDC, join with sl st to top of chain
4. drop color A, using color B chain 2, sk 1st DC, BPDC in each of next 3 DC, continue around as in row 3, in corner work 1 BPDC in each of next 2 DC, FPDC in each of next 2 DC, BPDC in each of next 3 stitches, continue to work in stitch pattern to next corner, 2 DC from front in turning chain, work 2 BPDC in next DC, work BPDC in next DC, work DC in next stitch, join with slip stitch
5. continuing in color B, ch 2 and half double crochet in each DC around. fasten off and sew in all ends.
By jd wolfe